superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSUPER FRIENDS DVD!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Linked Events
  • Action Comics Annual #10 out: February 07, 2007
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Offical... the Iron Age Superman is DEAD... Long Live the Post-IC Superman!  (Read 19134 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: October 17, 2006, 03:53:46 AM »

ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #10

Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner; Art by Art Adams, Joe Kubert, Pete Woods, Rags Morales, Kevin Maguire, Eric Wight and Tony Daniel ; Cover by Adam Kubert and Joe Kubert; Variant cover by Gary Frank

What do Art Adams, Joe Kubert, Pete Woods, Rags Morales, Kevin Maguire and Eric Wight have in common? No, they're not the latest rogues in Superman's gallery!
Rather, they're just some of the talents DC has assembled to deliver ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #10, the place to catch up on all that's new to Superman's world — and to catch a glimpse of things to come in future issues of ACTION!

Superman  |  48pg.  |  Color  |  $3.99 US

On Sale January 31, 2007

« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 04:56:36 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 04:37:03 PM »

Thanks Monk...

Everything old is new again.  So much for the Byrne reboot!

COME ON DC BRING BACK THE MULTIVERSE!!!!
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:35:17 PM »

I hesitate to say "I told you so," but since my posts are date-stamped and public record about how the combination of Busiek on SUPERMAN and Geoff Johns on ACTION COMICS, combined with the opportunity to get the character "working" again that is INFINITE CRISIS would yield a Superman worth reading again...

...well, we don't need to go into that.  Grin

The thing that I'd most love to focus on here is that ART ADAMS is going to be on a Superman book! What an incredible talent. Sure, everybody knows him from his incredible ability to draw monsters (and he can certainly do that), but Art Adams can also draw unbelievably complex costumes and good looking dames.

I've said for years though, that the only person that could really do a science fiction Krypton any justice would be artist Claudio Castellini. Ever since his Az-Tech Earth seen in THE MANY WORLDS OF TESLA STRONG.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Composite Superman
Supermen of America

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 08:08:23 PM »

Nice to see the checkerboard again. Too bad it's not an 80-pager. 
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »

The more things change...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 08:22:06 PM »

Various elements from the post-Crisis Superman stories are still here: the Kents alive, Luthor (former) tycoon, Lana Lang knows Superman's secret...

Actually, I don't really care for this: I love the Byrne run, and I know that I can re-read it whenever I want. Not really interested in continuity... Only in good Superman stories. Like those I'm reading now in SUPERMAN, for example.

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 01:03:29 AM »

What happened to the Fortress of Solitude on that cover?  It looks like it collapsed like so many toothpicks!  Where is the big door and keyhole?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 01:23:22 AM »

What happened to the Fortress of Solitude on that cover?  It looks like it collapsed like so many toothpicks!  Where is the big door and keyhole?

In Post-IC, Superman's Fortress is very much like the Movie version, which in turn was like:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/series/doc-savage/fortress-of-solitude.htm
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:25:31 AM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L