superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:09:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hope this is not to morbid for a "what if" questio  (Read 5532 times)
Webley
Superman Emergency Squad

« on: March 10, 2005, 12:29:37 AM »

If Christopher Reeve was alive and healthy and was going to play Superman in the 2006 movie would his age be an issue with you?

Short Round is cooler than Indy
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 01:48:43 AM »

It would depend on the story. It would have to be about a much older Superman, after all.

But since he's no longer with us, the point is moot.

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
boomer359
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 04:37:01 PM »

If he had still been in good enough shape to play Supes again, I would have liked ot see him in a Kingdom Come type of story.
NotSuper
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 10:58:44 PM »

I think I would be more comfortable with Reeve playing Jor-El if he was still alive and never injured. That would've been great.

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 09:08:05 AM »

Over a year ago, I proposed an "Elseworlds" story idea in the DC Comics Message Boards as a tribute to both the Christopher Reeve movies and the George Reeves television show.  Submitted for your approval...

"Elseworlds: Strange Visitor From Another Daily Planet!"

Part 1

The year is undetermined, though there are visual clues (fashions, cars, etc.) that the time is around 1980.  A younger Superman is patrolling the skies over Metropolis when he spots Luthor on a rooftop.  Mindful of an obvious trap, Superman descends a prudent distance away.

“All right, Gene – I know you didn’t break out of jail just to admire the view.  But before I take you back to prison, I have to ask.  What are you up to this time?”

“Ah, but I did come here for the view – precisely, to see the look on your face as the World’s Greatest Superhero is bested by the World’s Greatest Criminal Mastermind!”

“Hoo, boy.  What is it – kryptonite again?”

“Nothing so primitive.  After our recent encounter with General Zod and company, I’ve researched your father’s Phantom Zone.  No, I’ve haven’t quite duplicated it, but THIS should suffice!”  Luthor unveils a strange device and aims it at Superman.

Superman had already scanned the machine with his x-ray vision and determined it to be a harmless collection of lasers, optics and other gizmos.  However, had he paid more attention to the electronics, Superman would have realized that Luthor is holding not the weapon itself, but the remote targeting unit.  From another rooftop, a weird beam engulfs Superman.

Stunned by the vibratory distortion, Superman falls halfway to street level before he comes to.  Still groggy, he lands on the sidewalk amid shocked pedestrians.  To his amazement, the clothing and automobiles all speak of a bygone age, about 25 years in the past.  A glance at the Daily Planet newspaper rack confirms this.  

“Great Scott – Luthor’s sent me back in time!”

A passerby overhears him.  “Did you hear that Harold?  He’s from the future!  Maybe he’s Superman’s son?”

“Superman’s son?  But I’m Superman!  Who’s this Superman you’re talking about?”

“That would be ME, kid.”

Superman looks behind him and sees a very different Man of Steel.

“Welcome to Metropolis, 1955.  I think we should have a little talk…”

Part 2

The two fly to the top of the Daily Planet building, which lacks the trademark globe and looks strikingly similar to Los Angeles City Hall.  Superman notices that his “1955” counterpart has to make a running leap to get airborne.  

It takes a while to overcome initial disbelief and suspicions, but soon the two are comparing notes…

Margot Lane?  Does she moonlight with Larmont Cranston?”

“Very funny.  So, does this Noel Lane always try to prove you’re really George Kent?”

“I guess some things never change, Chris – or do you prefer Christopher?”

It’s quickly obvious that Superman (aka Christopher Kent) is not trapped in the past, but in a parallel dimension.  To avoid confusion, the two refer to Christopher’s home as “Earth-1”, and George’s as “Earth-2”.  They ask Professor Pepperwinkle for assistance, but a possible solution may take a few days.  In the meantime, George Kent has to explain the unexpected visit of his “nephew” Christopher to a VERY suspicious Noel Lane.

After a couple days (and a few adventures – including Superman encountering the Mole-Men), Professor Pepperwinkle has fashioned a device that might get Superman back home, but it takes a LOT of energy.  Fortunately, an atmospheric atomic bomb test is scheduled later that day.  Superman flies to Nevada, activates the machine as the bomb goes off, and is hurled into space…

Part 3

Re-entering Earth’s atmosphere, Superman has a pleasant surprise.  Supergirl is back from Argo City!  Meeting her cousin face-to-face for the first time, she briefs him on recent events.  Notified that something happened to Superman, she traveled from Inner Space to Earth and nearly got zapped herself by Gene Luthor’s dimension displacement beams.  The evil mastermind now has several mounted around Metropolis.  She thinks she’s located all of them, so the two use their super-speed to disable the projectors before Luthor can react.  

However, Luthor has the drop on Superman with his last dimension displacement device.  To both their astonishment, the ray doesn’t affect the Man of Steel.  Superman realizes that the residual radioactive contamination from the bomb test interfered with the vibrational frequency.  Letting Supergirl deliver Luthor to the authorities, he flies to his Fortress of Solitude for decontamination.  

At the Daily Planet, missing reporter Christopher Kent arrives with his latest news article about the Adventures of Superman, and fends off more prying questions from Margot Lane.  As he reaches his desk, the phone rings.

“Mr. Kent?  There’s a Helen Danvers on the line.”

“Oh, yes – I’ll take that call.  Thanks.”  He leans back in his chair.

“Hi, cousin!  It was wonderful seeing you this afternoon.  Will you be in town for a few days?  I have to tell you about another ‘family member’ I met recently.  

“Maybe one day we can arrange a reunion.  I think you’ll find ‘Uncle George’ fascinating and inspiring.  He seems so much a part of me in a way…”

DTO
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 11:21:11 PM »

Hi,

With proper training and proper budget, Chris Reeve still looked like himself - you could tell his face was like a balloon but that was because of the 287 pills he had to take per day and all the surgeries.  I think that at 50 he could've pulled it because he still had these chiselled features.

They would've needed some big publicity though.

Friend :!:

Maximara
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2005, 12:03:50 AM »

Quote from: "King Krypton"
It would depend on the story. It would have to be about a much older Superman, after all.

But since he's no longer with us, the point is moot.

True. You have to admit Reeve did a remarkable job even when he was given garbage scripts like those of Superman III and Sueprman IV. Though DC does have that little problem with its sequals - they decline in quality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L